"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Through our giving we hope to provide access and opportunity. While in college, our founder was fortunate to study abroad. This experience, a huge change from her hometown of 1,800 and rural college town, vastly expanded her understanding of the world, the people in it, and taught her that the best approach to navigating the unknown, the unfamiliar, was to do so with a genuine sense of curiosity.
10% of our proceeds are earmarked to support this idea and provide the opportunity for U.S. rural and/or BIPOC college students to travel and study abroad.
ODMÉ Partners + Beneficiaries:
ODMÉ Candle Co. proudly supports the following organizations;
- Diverse International Women of Color (DIWC)
- Mission: to inspire, encourage and promote opportunities for women of color to travel abroad, experience different cultures and broaden their horizons beyond the United States. Donate here.
Organizations we think have a great mission;
- World Savvy
- Mission: educates and engages youth to learn, work, and thrive as responsible global citizens. Donate here.
- Reach the World (RTW)
- Mission: inspires youth to become curious, confident and compassionate global citizens. Donate here.
- The Passport Portal
- Mission: promote the importance and value of travel to marginalized and underprivileged students. Donate here.
"We know that over 80% of college freshmen want to study abroad, yet only 10% of students study abroad before they graduate, and minority students are greatly underrepresented within those numbers." - NAFSA
Ivy League Admissions Offices Are Setting Their Sights On Rural Students—Can City Dwellers Take Advantage Of Their Efforts? in Forbes mentions the student group at Columbia University our founder helped form while in graduate school.